JOB TITLE: Procurement Lead
SALARY: £20k - £36k (or Pro-rata) – based on experience
REPORTS TO: Chief Finance Officer & Chief Operating Officer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Finance Officer
BASE: The One Point, The View, Bridgehead Business Park, Hessle HU13 0GD
Minimum Hours: 25 Hours Per Week
Maximum Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
Benefits: 26 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (also increasing with tenure), Well Being Package, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, First Class Working Environment, Regular Social Calendar, Ongoing Training and Development, Planned Working From Home, Staff Discount Scheme
The Procurement Lead will be an integral part of The One Point, providing the procurement service to the customers across the UK, including identifying new business opportunities through tenders/frameworks.
To play a lead part in the Operations and Business Development teams to manage and lead the procurement service for The One Point. This will involve liaising with both internal and external customers to capture their procurement requirements. The role will also involve dealing with 3rd party suppliers to ensure that procurement requirements can be fulfilled and delivered.
The Procurement Lead will work to establish an efficient and effective process, ensuring appropriate systems, training, and governance is in place to deliver an efficient service and to continuously review the purchase order processes to ensure it is accurate, up to and fit for purpose.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for the delivery of a consistently high standard of services to all supported departments and customers.
- To understand and make all reasonable efforts to deliver a service within the quality and performance levels agreed with each supported department and customer.
- To create and maintain the procurement policies, procedures, and processes for an effective and efficient procurement service.
- To respond and resolve assigned procurement calls to meet agreed service levels ensuring that all SLA and KPIs are consistently and reliably fulfilled.
- Work in collaboration with partner companies to provide the best value for products/services and resourcing.
- Credit Control, Chasing Late Payments, Setting Up Customers, Agree Payment Terms and conditions, Act as first point of contact for the business.
- Provide Stock Management / Control for all procurement activities.
- Management and monitoring of project capital spending.
- To work with the Business Development team, horizon scanning new business opportunities and identifying potential framework/bid opportunities.
- Provide support and monitoring for new business, including financial planning and forecasting.
- To work closely with the Finance team to provide support for service line budget management.
- To work closely with other teams to ensure customer satisfaction through the end-to-end ownership of incidents and problems.
- To produce and conduct bids/tenders where and when required.
- To provide expertise and support in researching the market for suitable products / suppliers / frameworks.
- Ensure that the produce and service catalogue is up to date and accurate at all times.
- Obtain quotes from suppliers, point of contact for supply chain, identifying new products and services to bolster The One Point services.
- Be the first point of escalation for incidents and problems relating to the procurement services covered.
- To ensure all equipment is logged and tracked and is accurately recorded by the team, within the Stock Control Database.
- Timely and effective communication of forecasts and purchase orders to suppliers.
- Assist with regular re-negotiations of terms of business/service agreements and performance evaluation with suppliers, taking corrective action as required.
- Ensuring that all necessary governance functions and processes are adhered to and that these functions and processes fit in.
- To work with the Business Development team to ensure all chargeable products and services are accurately promoted and processes in place to support fulfilment.
- Clarifying specifications for key products and services. Managing the tender, evaluation and acquisition process with expert assistance if required and in line with company procedures.
- Ensuring that proper procurement documentation is maintained and that associated work schedules and established standards and procedures are maintained and any problem areas are addressed and reported as necessary.
- Undertaking the procurement of goods and services from third-party suppliers, including contract negotiation where appropriate, to ensure that The One Point receives best value solutions.
- Additional duties as required to meet service needs.
Management and Leadership Responsibilities
- Work closely with other teams within the procurement service to ensure customer satisfaction through end-to-end ownership of incidents and problems.
- To communicate using persuasive and negotiating skills to obtain the best value for money for new products/services.
- To actively support and contribute to the delivery of key performance indicators for the successful assessment of performance.
- To provide project teams and operational teams with advice and guidance on the specialist service area.
Financial & Analytical Tasks
- Contribute to the continued development of effective management accounting services and information system
- To ensure budgetary information contained within the budget system is kept up-to-date and is a reliable source of information.
- Work across The One Point looking for ways to optimise performance through insightful data analysis.
- Take the lead in preparing the monthly reports for several cost centres for review by The One Point Finance team according to agreed timetables, together with appropriate interpretation and advice.
- Recognise the need for and provide financial management support to Leadership/Senior Team and budget holders on identified key risks and critical success factors in achieving financial targets.
- Keep accurate and orderly documentation to support financial transactions such as journals, budget adjustments and invoice requests.
- Provide financial support delegated to Budget holders.
- Ensure forecasts for delegated budgets are regularly updated in the finance system.
- Investigate and report significant budgetary variances and costs to both the Finance team and the budget holder, discussing the necessary remedial action as appropriate. This will include making judgements about complex and uncertain financial outcomes and challenging budget holders to take corrective action where required.
- Meet regularly updates with the Leadership/Senior team and budget holders to assess financial performance and to provide financial management information, analysis and advice.
- To exercise particular care over any enhanced level of security access levels that the post holder may have to IT infrastructure or systems, not disclosing the authentication & security information to any other party (internal or external).
- Be familiar with the organisation's Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and personal responsibilities where applicable.
Procurement and Supply Chain
- Support budget holders in maintaining the accuracy of the information held within the procurement system, providing a regular review of invoice discrepancies and outstanding purchase orders.
- Ensure that all expenditure items incorrectly coded for payment purposes are dealt with promptly. Thereafter to advise budget holders on the use of correct financial codes and to ensure their coding structures are appropriate for their needs.
- Review suppliers' environmental credentials and report on their progress toward a Net Zero.
- The post requires developed physical skills to fulfil duties in a role where there is a specific requirement for speed and accuracy. The post holder will possess keyboard skills and manipulate critical data and information with narrow margins for error.
Policy and Service Development Implementation
- Actively work to ensure continual service improvement.
- Identify any opportunities for improvement to the service and bring them to the line manager's attention.
- To ensure Standard Operating Procedures in place are complied with, and the line manager is advised where there is evidence that these require review.
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation and other standards aimed at ensuring the confidentially, integrity and availability of information.
- To be aware of current Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery plan and procedures and to support their implementation when needed.
- To report any identified risk or breach of IT security immediately.
Responsibility for Information Resources
- Responsible for maintaining all electronic and manual filing systems ensuring ease of access for retrieval, and filing of data, records and documents on a daily basis.
- Ensure that a high level of accuracy is maintained in all information systems held by the IT team, for example the Asset management system and documentation.
Education and Training Responsibilities
- To be responsible for developing & maintaining information resources such as knowledge base.
- Ensure mandatory training is up to date.
All staff are expected to embrace The One Point's values, which consist of;
Helpful – Maintain a positive, supportive and 'can do' attitude to both internal and external customers at all times.
Responsive – Provide all internal and external customers with upbeat, regular and proactive communications at all times.
Trusted – To always do the right thing, in the best interests of The One Point, our Partners and Customers alike, even when no one is looking.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £20,000.00-£36,000.00 per year
The One Point take the safety of its people and customers alike - you should not attend the office or a customer site if you have any Covid 19 symptoms.
Apply for the role here