Book a Free IT Security Audit for your business
Two exciting opportunities have opened up to join our Service Desk team at The One Point.
Please take a look below to see how you could take your career in a promising new direction by joining us at The One Point as a Service Desk Engineer/Analyst.
We are currently looking for a Service Desk Engineer to join our growing team!
Salary: £20,000 to £26,000 Starting Salary + Private Medical Insurance for you and your children.
About the Role:
This is a fantastic chance to join a fast-growing and supportive technology company based in Hessle. Once inducted and trained on our systems, you will be expected to take ownership of customers' issues and will be encouraged to see them through to resolution, calling on the support of the team when appropriate to ensure customers are receiving the best possible service.
· Providing remote support to end-users via telephone, live chat, and email.
· Excellent troubleshooting for desktop-based technologies such as Windows PCs, Microsoft Office applications, peripheral devices, and printing.
· Supporting hosted services, specifically including Office 365.
· Supporting various server solutions, including Windows Server and virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V or VMWare.
· Configuring, troubleshooting & maintenance of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy.
· Troubleshooting server hardware and associated devices such as UPSs.
· Comfortable with troubleshooting backup solutions, with a good understanding of backup principles such as VSS, ensuring backups complete successfully.
· Performing preventative maintenance on PCs, networks and servers as required.
· Configuring and troubleshooting network devices, including switching, wireless, routers and firewalls.
· Good understanding of networking protocols such as VLANs, NATs and VPNs.
· Good understanding of security principles such as anti-virus software, multi-factor authentication, and the principle of least privilege.
· Understanding of VoIP, including telephone systems, handsets, and core principles.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. We want our clients to see that we're a friendly, professional team.
· Helpful and Team oriented. We want someone who focuses on what they can do to help others.
· Self-Motivated, Driven, Passionate and Enthusiastic. We need someone keen to learn new skills and work quickly towards personal and team successes.
· Capable of handling pressure. We need someone who can remain calm, cool and collected to help guide our customers through stressful IT issues.
· Minimum 2 years previous experience working in a technical support capacity. We are looking for someone comfortable and confident in the role from the get-go.
· Excellent problem-solving skills. The job is about fixing our customers' issues. Being able to understand their problems and systematically work through them is key to success.
· Attention to detail – Technology is all about the small details.
· Previous experience working in an MSP or multi-customer environment.
· Certifications show proficiency in core areas.
We are an established technology company with interests in IT, Software Development, Telecoms and Mobile. We have continually reinvested back into the business. We value our staff's well-being and continued development. We pride ourselves on having high standards, and we're looking for a like-minded candidate to join our team and contribute to our success. We operate out of modern office space with easy access to public transport and offer a bike to work scheme for those interested.
As a fast-growing company with a track record of promotion from within, we expect to develop our Service Desk engineers into senior engineers, project installation engineers, technical sales engineers and various other roles as the team expands.
The One Point offers all team members a chance to make a difference in their community by joining The One Point Foundation.
We offer a range of appealing benefits to our whole team, including:
· Private Medical Insurance for you and your children.
· Full Salary Sacrifice Scheme (Fully launches 1st May).
· Regular team-building and social events (fully funded).
· Annual staff and partner/spouse away social (fully funded).
· Increased annual leave entitlement with tenure.
· Ongoing training and development (fully funded).
· Staff discount or 'at cost' scheme.
· Opportunity to join The One Point Foundation committee.
· 1st Class working environment.
· Planned Working From Home available.
· NHS Approved Supplier
· Microsoft Gold Partner
· Cyber Essentials Plus
As a company we have received many awards, listed below:
· MIA People & Culture Award 2020
· MIA Best Unified Comms Dealer 2020
· O2 Customer & Digital Excellence Award 2020
· CNA Keeping Britain Working (Supplier) 2020
· Uswitch Mobile Awards 2014
· Best Customer Service Winner 2020
If you think you are suitable for the Service Desk Engineer role, please apply now!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.